Sunday, April 22, 2012

I baked bread last night and started some fromage blanc.  This means that the chickens got whey this morning.  They are quite excited about it.

In hot weather, the chickens would tend to lose appetite and have a higher risk of dehydration, at a time that I need to have them eating and growing.  It seems that whey is a very good way to keep them drinking and hydrated with the warmer weather while also keeping their protein intake up, too.  At the same time, I get to keep my cheese intake up.  I call this a win-win-win situation.

I should have enough whey and cheese to last us 5 to 7 days.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Cornelia likes whey too. She also likes chicken.

Anonymous said...

See, your comment about Cornelia liking chicken too didn't hurt their self esteem.