Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Skip Barber Racing School

On January 28-30 I completed the Skip Barber 3-day formula car racing school, which qualifies me for an SCCA competition license. The cars were very impressive to say the least and were fantastic for driving aggressively and learning the dynamics of trail-brake rotation and trailing throttle oversteer. The sequential gearbox allows you to upshift with a throttle lift and no clutch, the downshifts were done with the clutch and heel-toe, but without the H-pattern I could perform these instantaneoulsly. The majority of the 13 other students were teenagers who currently race karts, legends cars, and quarter midgets around the country and of these students one was faster than I was (I wish I was completing this course at their age).
 
win shot
This was a mock start in which I was driving car #15
In this video I am driving the red and white car #9 (third car to go by)

1 comment:

suzana martin said...

Perfect for businesses looking for Stag Do ideas corporate team building days with staff or clients, Forster Racing School is ideally situated on the South Coast in Chichester, West Sussex, with great rail links to London and close to the historical motor circuit at Goodwood, which hosts the legendary Festival of Speed.