Monday, May 26, 2014

ELMS Imola

I had the opportunity to go to Imola for the European Le Mans Series race. Since time was tight and I was leaving from Venice, I only arrived just at the race start and headed back at the finish. The track is great and the town makes a very suitable trip for a weekend in a small Italian city mixed with some racing at a classic track. Walking around the track to experience the various vantage points did take the four hours of the race, but for much of it you can watch the cars. I forgot headphones so I had no Radio Lemans commentary, but did have live timing. Trackside commentary was in Italian, but with race control announcements in English. I am very glad I made the effort to see a race at this track. Here are some images I took from around the track at Imola.

Heading into Variante Alta:


From the main grandstand:



 Variante Villeneuve:


From the grandstands at Tossa:



Video from hour 3:

No comments: